英語 Reading 1
Time: 10:40 - 12:10
Room number: A401
【 Textbooks 】
Select Readings Pre-Intermediate 2nd Edition (Oxford)
Tactics for the TOEIC test: Listening and Reading Test, Introductory Course (Oxford)
【 Evaluation Criteria and Method 】
Grades are decided based on the following criteria:
- Class participation: attendance, being active, attitude: 20%
- English challenges: 10% (Please see the list below on how to earn points.)
- TOEIC Reading test 1: 20%
- TOEIC Reading test 2: 20%
- TOEIC Reading test 3: 20%
- Weekly vocabulary homework: 10%
【 Absences and Late Arrivals 】
- 6 or more absences = no credit.
- Late policy:
If you are late by 15 minutes or more = absent
If you are late to class, I will add the time to your late record.
Each time your late record reaches 15 minutes, you have 1 more absence.
Example: Day 1: Late 6 minutes, Day 2: Late 3 minutes, Day 3: Late 7
minutes. Total = 16 minutes. So, it’s 1 absent and 1 minute.
- If you have a school-approved absence form, your absence will be forgiven. In issues of difficult sickness or other really unavoidable circumstances, talk to me.
- Sleeping, using a cell phone (without my permission), or otherwise not participating in class will be counted as an absence..
【 English Challenges 】
- 10% of your grade will come from English challenges.
- At the bottom of this page, you will keep track of your progress. Jason will sign this paper as you do the challenges.
- Each point is worth 1%. If you get 0 points, your final grade can only be up to 90%.
- The points can come from the list below. You can do these from today until the last class.
- 1 point: Read 5 social media posts from a celebrity (must be English). Write the social media report.
- 3 points: Borrow an English book or comic from Jason. Read it and write the book report.
- 2 points: Find bad English on a t-shirt, sign, menu, etc. Send Jason a photo and say how to fix the English.
- ?? points: YOUR IDEA! If you have an idea, tell me. If it is nice, we can decide how many points to give.
- Give the paper to Jason on the last day of class or when it is full. (if you need a new paper, tell Jason)
- April 20th vocabulary reading-1-vocab-4.27
April 13th, 2021
April 20th, 2021
SR Chapter 1: Are you getting enough sleep
April 27th, 2021
SR Chapter 2: Mika’s homestay in London
May 11th, 2021
TOEIC Unit 5
May 18th, 2021
May 25th, 2021
SR Chapter 3: It’s not always black & white
June 1st, 2021
SR Chapter 4: Helping others
June 8th, 2021
TOEIC Unit 6
June 15th, 2021
June 22nd, 2021
SR Chapter 5: Generation Z: Digital Natives
June 29th, 2021
SR Chapter 6: How to be a successful businessperson
July 6th, 2021
SR Chapter 7: The growth of urban farming
July 13th, 2021
TOEIC Unit 7
July 20th, 2021
July 27th, 2021
Portfolio review, special lesson